Friday, January 23, 2009

Crash! Bang! Boom!

Since New Year's, we have had a few exciting events. My mom had her birthday on the 1st- Happy Birthday Mom! I had mine on the 8th- Happy Birthday to me! And two of my little nephews, Chase and Max, had theirs on the 12th and 16th- Happy Birthday guys! But, since I don't have pictures from any of those exciting events, we will just breeze right past those onto the real reason for this post... that would be Davis' broken arm. Yep, my sweet little 18 month old boy broke both his radius and ulna in his right arm, just at the wrist. SUPER! Davis seems to be on a never-ending quest for adventure and excitment, often involving climbing and jumping off things that he shouldn't be able to reach, let alone climb. Sometimes in this heroic quest of his, he takes some scary spills. He had a few of those last week... one of which involved his cousin's miniature ATV and a few stairs.... however the one that managed to do the number on his arm was when he decided to dive off the back of the couch to catch his balloon. So sad. The worst part is, we didn't even know it was broken for about 2 days. He is just so tough, and he never complains, so it didn't seem very serious. But after a few days of not putting weight on it or complaining when I got him dressed, we decided to take him in to get an x-ray, "just to be safe." Ha! Well, in our defense, even the doctor checking him out didn't think it was broken by the way he was acting and playing with things, until he saw the x-ray. So, by 18 months, he has broken 2 bones and had 3 staples in his head... not bad for a little dare-devil. Maybe before he's two, he'll figure out a way to get in a full body cast!
This is how we brought him home from the doctor's the night he got the x-ray and got his splint. It was freezing outside, but his shirt and jacket wouldn't fit over his gimp arm!






He's still getting into trouble... this is one of his favorite new things... putting on mommy or daddy's shoes.


The splint didn't seem to bother him very much, he's still my happy little guy. (maybe I should have washed his face before taking these pictures though)





He got extra loves from Kobe this week to make his arm feel better.






Finally, he got the real cast. We went with blue because it's so manly! Again, he doesn't seem to mind it too much. He's so tough!






He learned how to say "cheese" for the camera on this day, and these are all different variations of the cheese face.





This is the stool that goes with his little keyboard. He was being such a good sport, sitting on it and letting mommy take his picture. For some reason, some of these remind me of my cheesy school pictures from elementary school, where they would make you clasp your hands and sit at an angle on the stool. Love it!




7 comments:

Shauna said...

Oh, so sad. Pour Davis! But, I have to say he looks adorable with his cast on. Love his hair too!

Brandon and Jenn said...

Poor little tough guy. Maybe he has a future in wrestling...

OuR LiTtLe FaM said...

I love your little man! Even with a broken arm he is smiling! He is so cute. I love how he posed for you!! Too cute!!

tarin said...

Poor little guy :( I love the pictures... he is so happy! Those pics totally remind me of school pictures.

Jyl & Andy said...

Poor kid. But, I don't think you have to worry about having a sissy boy when he grows up. Oh, and could you tell tami to invite me to her blog. I can't believe she has one and i"m not on the guest list.

Melissa said...

Hey! There is something so cute about little toddlers in casts. So sad, but so adorable. Yes, blue was a good choice.

Sorry I didn't call you for New Years, I got your message at a bad time and was planning on calling you when I got a chance. And then I forgot and realized you had already gone home. SORRY! Call me next time you come, I want to see your little guy again!

Brianna Soloski said...

He's so cute, Cherie, cast and all!