Sunday, July 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Davis!

I can't believe my little baby is one!!! It is so crazy how fast these little munchkins grow up! Well, it is over a week since his actual birthday, but I've been busy, and I had a friend in town, so this is the first chance I've had to update the blog. I still don't have all of the birthday pictures, but I'll put up a few of the highlights.
Davis had a very fun birthday that included playing with Kobe, swimming, a trip to the animal farm/petting zoo, and hanging out with mom and dad. He was in a very good mood all day, so I think he knew something special was going on. We had his party the next day, and the highlight for me was watching him eat his cake. It was pretty awesome! I think I was more excited than he was about all of his presents (at least the new clothes), but he got pretty excited about a few of his new toys.

Good Morning!


Kobe time


Getting back from the pool


At the animal farm... this is one of my favorite faces that he's been doing lately. He scrunches his nose and shows his top teeth... so goofy, but adorable!


Getting a little love from the cows... my mother-in-law will probably pass out when she sees that I let an animal lick my son, but his hands were washed immediately and thoroughly.


I went a little overboard on the baking for the party. This shot is of the homemade carrot cake and the triple chocolate cupcakes (with chocolate chips inside and a chocolate glaze for frosting)... Davis got his own cake... scroll down for that one.


Getting ready for the party to start


snacking on some watermelon


safety first


Davis' cake


starting carefully... just a finger in the frosting


getting into it


Really going for it... by this point, he had grabbed the top layer with both hands and shoved it into his face


Attack! He just dove right in and was splashing cake around like water!


The aftermath


Davis playing with his favorite present of the night... the drum set. He is a natural.


4 comments:

Kaymee said...

Time does go by sooo fast! the pics are soo cute! and the cakes look yummy. Happy birthday Davis!

Brandon and Jenn said...

Sooooo cute! You have awesome cake decorating skills, by the way. I'm sorry for not stopping by while we were in town. Since my dog didn't get any better after our trip to the urgent pet care on Sunday morning I took him to the vet on Monday. The vet ended up keeping him over night and that combined with the pregnancy hormones was not a good mix-- I wasn't quite myself. I'll be back in the valley in October-- hopefully we can get together then.

pearlsandchocolate.com said...

I just found your blog!!! It is great, such a darling little guy - HAPPY BIRHTDAY! What a coincidence, we spent the 4th of July in Park City, also!!!

Grace said...

First Birthdays are so much fun. Davis is adorable. And the cake looks like awesome!