Saturday, April 5, 2008

Hooray for Carrots!!!

I realized it's been about a month since I've posted pictures of Davis, so it's about time for some recent pictures.
These first few are of Davis and his daddy playing with his train. It shoots out balls and does all sorts of things that an 8 month old baby finds fascinating.

He's such a sweet little guy, always smiling for mom.


This is Davis' version of multi-tasking.


Action shot!


I love this cute face!



These next pictures represent a HUGE success for our family... hence the title of the post. For most babies, who like to eat food, this wouldn't be very exciting... but Davis ate some carrots!!!!! This is probably the most exciting news I've had in weeks. Davis is the easiest baby, so I really have no room to complain, but getting him to eat food has been such a struggle. He LOVES to nurse and does a great job at that, but if you try to put anything else in his mouth, he will show you who is boss. He has developed amazing techniques of keeping his mouth locked shut as tightly as possible, blowing out food instead of taking it in, swatting it away with his hands at just the right moment to send it flying across the room, etc, etc. Anyway, tonight we had a break through. He actually ate carrots... sort of. He seemed to be okay with the spoon entering his mouth and was actually helping the process along by taking something similar to a bite. He ended up very messy (which you can't completely see because he's wearing red), but I was thrilled!



7 comments:

Miller Family said...

Yeah! Big progress. He is getting so big, it is weird that will always be so different every time I see him. Very fun pics.

Unknown said...

Well, I am trying to eat better and as soon as Spring actually starts in Utah I will try to exercise...hopefully I wont keep getting bigger every time you see me...

Brandon and Jenn said...

Are you sure he ate the carrots? It looks like he got a carrot facial. Super cute! By the way it was good to catch up with you. You looked great and I'm glad that you and Bryson are doing so well. Hopefully next time Brandon will be around more so that we can all visit. Take care.

Tamara said...

HOORAY. He looks adorable in carrot. He also looks very much like your baby photos. Cute kid.

Lots of love and kisses from Grandma

tarin said...

like i said, he is the baby that just gets cuter and cuter!

The Leavitt Family said...

I can't believe that he is already 8 months...it seems like he was just born. I have a pic of Jaxon like that except it was because he wouldn't eat them so Chad just threw them at him!

Shauna said...

Davis is so cute. Hey has such beautiful eyes. What a break through! I still think that it is hard to get my 1 1/2 & 3 year old to eat more nutritional food. That is fun that you are starting the baby food stage. I liked it when my girls started eating baby food because that meant a little bit of a break from nursing. Not that I hated nursing it just got tiring at times. Congrats on the milestone.