Monday, March 10, 2008

San Francisco!!!

It's been a while since my last post. That is partially because I am boring and usually have nothing to write about, and partially because I've been out of town for the last week. Bryson had a business trip to San Francisco, and since I'd never been before, Davis and I decided to tag along. It was so much fun! Aside from the PERFECT weather (74 degrees and perfectly sunny), the city and surrounding areas are gorgeous! Everything was green and all of the trees were full of blossoms, and I just couldn't get enough of those rolling green hills. We had a blast in the actual city, but one of my favorite things was when we went to Clayton. That is the town that Bryson lived in for about 5 years when he was a little kid. It also happens to be the setting of one of Brandon's books. (For those of you who don't know, Bryson's older brother (Brandon) is an author. He has written the Fablehaven series, as well as a book called Candy Shop War, which is the one that was set in Clayton). So, in addition to seeing Bryson's old house, he took me around to all of the places described in the book. It is the cutest little town, and I loved it! Hopefully we'll have a chance to go back soon.

This is a view from Coit tower, looking at the Golden Gate Bridge and some of the city streets.


Here are Bryson and Davis (in his Alcatraz outfit) at the bottom of Lombard street. It was a little scary to drive down that!


The Golden Gate bridge was gorgeous! We walked across it... much longer than I thought it was!


Bryson and Davis by the creek in Clayton. I'll throw in a few of these shots because it was so pretty there!








Everywhere from town, you could see these gorgeous hills with roaming cows that looked like the "happy cows come from California" comercials. So cute.




Davis and I in "downtown" Clayton. Mainstreet looks like an old Western town. Very cute. For those of you who read the book, if you are interested, I also took pictures at the elementary school, the restaurant that used to be the Candy shop, the museum, the house, etc.


My friend Rachel lives in the San Francisco area, near Stanford University. So, while Bryson was in meetings one day, I went down there to meet her and walk around. It's a beautiful campus.


6 comments:

Miller Family said...

looks like so much fun! love the cows on the hills - totally like the commercials. Also love the skinny jeans and boots, very hot!

Jyl & Andy said...

Oh, i'm jealous. I love San Fran. Did you eat some amazing food. Please say you had some sourdough bread. On the subject of being tagged you only have to do 10. I just thought of to many.

Mull Family said...

Don't worry, Jyl... I had more food than any 10 people should have eaten in a week, including some Boudin sourdough bread. I think I actually gained a pound or two while I was there, but what can I say? I love food!

Shauna said...

What a great trip Cherie. I love the San Fransico area. There are so many fun tourist spots. I am glad that you got to have a fun family vacation.

Brandon and Jenn said...

Fun times! I LOVE San Fran. I'm so jealous that you got to visit with Rachie-Pooh. I bet you two had a great time. I'm coming up to Utah in a few weeks. We'll have to get together and catch up in person!

LuDLoW LiFe said...

Looks like you guys had fun in San Fran. My husband went on his mission there and I want to go back and visit. Looks beautiful!