Thursday, March 20, 2008

Welcome Rosalyn Mary Mull!

My new little niece was born very early wednesday morning at 12:52 am, and I actually got to be there to see her born! I went to the hospital to check on my sister in law, Mary, and drop off some night gowns around 11:15pm. She was getting ready for her epidural, and in the meantime, she was squeezing my hands through the contractions. So, I thought I'd stay until the epidural kicked in, then take off. But, to make a long story short, the epidural never kicked in (turns out, it was administered in the wrong place), and her contractions got very big very fast. Before we knew it, she was pushing, and little Rose was there! I could not believe that poor Mary had to endure all of that pain without any medication! I know people do it "naturally" all the time, but she was in so much pain, I wanted to cry for her. She did an amazing job, and to quote my sister, she "took it like a woman!" Until I see a man endure a major surgery or something comparible without any pain killers or anesthesia, my standard for toughness will have to be moms who have made it through childbirth. Anyway, little Rose is adorable. Dark hair, long eyelashes, and that dimple chin that is so prominent in Bryson's family. It was such a neat experience to get to be there for her arrival. There is nothing like witnessing the miracle of birth!

This was taken from my phone about 10 or 15 minutes after she was born


These pictures are from our visit the next day.




Look at those chubby cheeks!


I thought this face was so funny and cute, I couldn't resist.

2 comments:

Miller Family said...

She looks like a Mull! Funny how after a couple has a few kids you can start to see a pattern (of course all the kids look different but you start to see a general thing that makes me think "yep, that is what your kids look like"). Very cute and very exciting! Congrats to Brandon and Mary.

Brandon and Jenn said...

How cute! Now your babe will have a cousin close by to grow up with. By the way, we'll be flying up later this week. If you email me your phone number we can get together and catch up a bit (jennlynnsunshine@yahoo.com). Happy Easter!