Thursday, October 25, 2007

Daily Miracles

One of my best friend's dads always used to talk about his daily miracles, and sometimes I have a day that reminds me to look for mine. Today was one of those days. My week actually started out really badly. The highlights include: my car broke, my computer monitor broke, my babysitter got really sick (spinal meningitis), Bryson got me sick right before he went out of town for a business trip, etc, etc, etc... and of course the worst thing was that my mom was evacuated from her house with a very real danger of it burning down. Well, today everything started turning around. It all started when I found out that I only owed $50 on a medical bill that I thought was going to be $750. Then, while at work, I walked downstairs to pump, and right there in the hallway were 4 perfectly good computer monitors with signs on them that said, "take me!" Hallelujia! It is now looking like my car repairs will be less expensive than I anticipated. Thanks to Bryson's wonderful aunt, we have been able to solve the babysitting problem for now as well. Finally, my mom got to move back into her house today, and it looks like everything is fine (despite some ash and smoke). Sometimes I think we get challenges and trials just so we can see the Lord's hand in our lives. I am always amazed by the ways that He works things out for me. So, today, I am very grateful for my daily miracles! p.s. Jyl, if you're reading this and you are wondering... Yes, it is your dad I was refering to! ;-)

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Hey Cherie,
I just got a chance to look at your blog. It's great. What a cute family. I love this post. It only took the first sentence for me to realize you were talking about my cute dad. I should take time to think of my daily miracles more often. It will be fun to keep in touch with you.
Take care,
Shauna

Tamara said...

AMEN to your daily miracle story.
My wolrd has beenone after another. We just need to remember to look around us...and we will see them.