Thursday, August 13, 2009

Chocolate cups

I have a bunch of pictures that I've been needing to post for weeks, so here is my attempt at catching up on some of them. I am embarrassed to admit that Davis probably likes chocolate just as much as I do, and eats way more of it than any 2 year old should ever be allowed to eat. A few weeks ago, I made some homemade ice-cream and wanted a fun way to serve it for Bryson's family, so I stole an idea from my friend Jyl and made some chocolate cups that she demonstrated on her blog. (Thanks Jyl!) Anyway, they turned out really cute and were a huge hit. There was a small problem with a few of them starting to melt in the 103 degree heat that day as I carried them from the house to the car, but otherwise, they were great. I even made some for the kids, and this is what happened:

the cups


for the kids


for the adults


Davis and his cousins in action... yikes!






and the final result of a 2 year old and a cup made of chocolate. maybe next time I'll rethink making them for the kids


5 comments:

Becca said...

That looks delicious!!

Jyl & Andy said...

they turned out wonderful and I love what Davis looks like after eating. That is true pleasure.

Miller Family said...

when are you going to make me some?

the pics of davis are awesome, glad you enjoys his chocolate.

Kourtney said...

Wow that looks great. My in-laws made those cups this weekend for homemade ice cream and it was deicious. your cups look very beautiful. I dig the superman plates. You are awesome Cherie;)

molly said...

okay betty crocker when do i get to come over for dinner ??? or dessert???