Tuesday, June 24, 2008

California trip Part 2- Lazy Days at the Beach

Bryson and I love the beach, and so it comes as no surprise that Davis does too. We got to enjoy a few of the fabulous beaches in the Newport area, and Davis couldn't get enough of them. He loved crawling around in the sand, and he was fearless when we took him down to the water. Bryson spent most of his time boogie boarding or body surfing, and I spent most of my time being a lazy beach bum, loving every minute of it. Of course a beach trip wouldn't be complete without some local beach food. One of my favorite things was dinner at Ruby's on the pier for yummy shakes and burgers, then a stop at Dad's bakery for Balboa Bars (amazingly sinful treats... basically an ice-cream bar dipped in chocolate, then covered in your favorite topping such as oreos, butterfingers, etc). YUM! I wish we could have stayed for another week!

Davis and I at the lookout point just down the street from our hotel


Davis sporting his new swimwear and getting ready for the beach




My little smiley guy and his dad hanging out in the sand



Me and my little munchkin


Just so cute




Learning how to boogie board


Ready to go home for the day


Getting ready for another day at the beach


He just wanted to crawl in that sand all day



I just love these sandy little feet!


Bryson and Ty checking out the waves


Bry watching from above as Ty is about to get slammed by this wave


Bryson in boogie boarding heaven



Heading out on the pier with Summer and Ty

5 comments:

tarin said...

The vaca pics are so fun! You look amazing by the way, and Davis is as cute as ever. Now you just need to visit me in Denver!

Brandon and Jenn said...

How fun! Newport Beach is full of good memories. I'm glad you guys could get away for a little bit and enjoy a fun little vacation.

Miller Family said...

It is extremely weird to see Ty all big and grown up. Looks like lots of fun!

Unknown said...

Yes, Ty is my little big brother.

LuDLoW LiFe said...

We are so jealous! You guys look like you had a blast. Davis is getting big, he is so cute at the beach.