Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving and a Cougar win

Happy belated thanksgiving! We had a great one here. The highlight was having my mom in town to spend it with us. The down side was that in an effort to fatten up my mom (which, by the way, I did... I believe she gained a whopping 2 pounds), I also managed to fatten myself up by the same amount. Oh well. I am a victim to my holiday appetite, but the food was awesome, so I say it was worth it. On a side note, my mom and I made what was quite possibly the best apple pie ever. Try not to be jealous.
The other exciting event of the weekend was the BYU-Utah game. I'm sure all of you Cougar fans are out there celebrating with me. It was a great game, a nail biter right down to the final play. For all of you Utah fans, I will just refer you to the picture of my nephew, Max.

Davis fell right to sleep in Grandma's arms


Mom BEFORE I fattened her up with Thanksgiving dinner


Mom AFTER Cherie's Thanksgiving diet


Group shot with a turkey hangover


Davis cheering for the Cougars


And so happy that we won!


Finally, this says it all

"friends don't let friends go to the U of U."

7 comments:

Tamara said...

Very funny! WHere is your before and after photo?
I miss Davis already.

Love,
mom

Miller Family said...

Cute post. That pic of Max is a classic - what is that look on his face? Davis is getting soooo cute. He is entering a really fun age. We can't wait to see him.

tarin said...

I love me some Davis pics!

Shauna said...

Cherie,
Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. How fun that your mom got to spend it with you. I never realized how much you & your mom look a like. Davis is adorable.

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

I just caught up by reading a few of your posts! Very fun!! Does Davis have red in his hair?? Soooo cute!
Heathers website is:
heathergeorgephotography.com
She is having a baby on January 15th, so if you are thinking of getting pictures soon I would definitely give her a call!
P.S. Lets go to lunch sometime!
xoxo

The Leavitt Family said...

I'm amazed that you made thanksgiving dinner. After 5 years, I haven't had to and am terrified when the day comes...Davis is getting so big!

rosann said...

Cherie - I can't believe how big Davis has gotten!! Holy Cow!! And go Cougars!!

rosann