Monday, March 15, 2010

cookie decorating 101

Well, I am proud to say that I recently completed my first cooking decorating class... as the teacher! About a year ago, I helped my sister-in-law make some fancy cookies for a Relief Society event in her ward. Then a month or two ago, one of the ladies in her relief society presidency asked her if I could come do a cookie decorating class for an activity. As it was explained to me, it would just be 5 or 6 people, and we could do it at her house around the kitchen table. Well, when she got the sign-up list back, over 30 people signed up, so we moved the venue to the church and decided to make a lot more cookies. There was a great turn out, and it was surprisingly fun (despite feeling a little ridiculous for trying to teach people how to do something that I don't have any right to be teaching). I took some pictures of the Easter cookies I made for the class, and I had Mary take a picture of me in the adorable apron that my grandma made me for Christmas (which I wore for the entire class and got a ton of compliments on... thanks again Grandma!). Enjoy the pics!
By the way, I had big plans to arrange the cookies really cute in the baskets and display a few in bags, but people were walking in as I was setting them up, so I was rushed and didn't get to arrange them very nicely.







7 comments:

Rach said...

You look amazing!
The cookies look awesome too! You really are so talented!
Come out to visit San Fran again soon!
Miss you!

Brandon and Jenn said...

Whatever, those cookies totally look like you know what you're doing. ADORABLE! When we move back to Utah you'll have to teach me, too.
ps-- I love the apron, too!

tarin said...

Your cookies are so cute! I love them!

Miller Family said...

So beautiful . . . . . and delicious looking. I am so sad that I can't just reach into my computer and grab one. Glad the night was a success.

Kourtney said...

Wow I have said it before and I am going to say it again. Amazing. You totally have every right to teach a cookie class. I am wondering what your cookie recipe is, can you tell me or is it a secret? And how do you get the cute shapes and you just need to go on a show like good things or post on you tube or come to my house and teach me. I love it all so dang cute. You can totally start a cookie business.

Tami Tennant said...

I think your cookies suck and I don't really get what the big deal is. Ha ha. Just kiddin' Be-fri! P.s. that's your name in my phone now. And you know I love everything about you. Even your crankiness.

Sommer said...

Darling Cherie... the cookies and you in that apron!