Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

We are having a crazy summer here in Utah... it's pretty much been rain, rain, and more rain for the last 3 weeks at least. So, instead of lots of pictures of Davis playing outside, swimming, or enjoying the summer sun.... I have pictures of Davis sleeping on the floor, playing with Kobe, and of course food. (what else do you do to keep yourself occupied when the weather stinks?) The rain seems to be taking a break for a little while, so today we went to the animal farm to enjoy the sun. Davis' favorite things were riding the horses (very slow pony ride, if we're getting technical here), on which he will no longer let me hold his hand... he tells me "no, mommy, no hand." And the other favorite was feeding the goats the corn, one kernel at a time, while he laughed each time they licked his little fingers. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of this because I have stopped trying to take the camera with me when I don't have another adult around to take pictures or carry something for me.

I say this a lot, but I am completely serious when I say I think Kobe is actually Davis' best friend. (and he's making weird faces because he's eating ice in these pictures).



I told my mom I'd post these pictures. I was so proud of myself for learning how to make sushi (teriyaki chicken for me since I won't touch seafood, and crab for Bryson).
the rolls in the making



my sushi sensai- my friend Tammy came over to teach me the art of sushi making


the final product, complete with ginger, wasabi, and soy for dipping. Yum!



Look at this cute little face. He had already taken a nap earlier in the day, but I guess he was still tired. We were sitting in the living room playing with toys, and he just curled up on the floor and fell asleep for another hour or two. It was kind of sad but very cute. The cutest part was that Kobe was snuggled up against him, but when I got up to get the camera, I woke Kobe up, and he moved before I could get a shot.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The sushi was VERY good, thanks cutie! Davis is so cute! And Kobe is Davis' best friend after me!!

Brandon and Jenn said...

The sushi looks good. You never cease to impress me with your domestic abilities.

Tamara said...

YOU are sao very talented. YOur sushi looked professional. You have become the family chef. Although, I am certain Ryan will attempt to compete with you.
Please send me the sushi lesson and send the new sensi Cherie to instruct me.
Can't wait to hug and kiss both you and Davis.
xoxo...