Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Fablehaven 4 Launch Party

Last night was the launch party for Fablehaven 4 Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary. That is my brother in law's latest book, and it is his best so far! For any of you who haven't read his books, I recommend you get started, and for those of you who are caught up, go get book 4 this week! Brandon has made the New York Times Best Sellers list for the past few years, and we want him to get on there again.
The launch party was a huge success... once again, they completely filled the auditorium, which seats around 3,000 people. Bryson got to perform with his old Divine Comedy group, and they were a huge hit. They also had ballerinas from the U of U perform as fairies from Fablehaven, and a kids singing group performed as well. There were a ton of screaming kids (happy screams), especially when Brandon finally came on stage. It was so funny... the way the audience reacted when he came out, you would have thought he was some famous rock star. After the show, Brandon signed an insane number of books while everyone else played games and took pictures with some of the characters from Fablehaven. It was a fun night, and especially fun to see Brandon's success in such a tangible way and to meet his enthusiastic fans.
I didn't take any pictures of the actual show because I was too busy watching and trying to keep Davis from running down the isles, but I took some pictures after.


Well, I hopped on Summer's facebook page and took some of her pictures from the party/show. She had a friend taking pictures while they performed, so now you get to see some pictures from the divine comedy part of the show and from Brandon's time on stage. I also got a few from some lady that was there with a pretty good camera. :-) Enjoy.

7 comments:

Miller Family said...

Love the jumper but my favorite part is Pam. Her makeup and costume are just crazy.

Unknown said...

She isnt wearing any make up, that is just plain rude!

rosann said...

Cherie!! My home teacher's daughter is a HUGE fan of the Fablehaven series - she was just over the moon a while ago when she got to go to a signing at a Deseret Book up here and got Brandon to sign one of his books. I think I've heard about it in great detail several times (they only had good things to say about how nice Brandon was despite all the craziness around him!!). How much fun is it to have all these great LDS authors writing great books?!!

Becca said...

Looks like a fun party!! I had no idea that he wrote those books - I have heard of them but never read them!

Christine said...

I WAS AT THE PARTY!!! My camera died right before the party started. The great thing is you have a picture of me and my 3 kids, I am going to try to download it to my site thanks.

minimeg said...

HEY,SO I FINALLY ADDED SOME PICTURES ONTO MY BLOG SO LOOK AT THEM.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.